Klipsch 2.1 Reference Series R-40PM/8SW Speaker Package
Klipsch speakers provide outstanding sound quality in a sleek, modern design. These stylish speakers are perfect , whether you’re looking to add some extra audio to your home theatre setup or just want to enjoy your music in stunning clarity.
This home speaker package includes:
Self-powered Reference sound
Klipsch’s Reference speakers have always been some of my favorites. The lineup’s latest powered speakers, the R-40PMs, are an easy way to add music to a room thanks to their compact size, versatility, and affordable price. Their next-gen drivers and horns deliver delicious, detailed sound, and they have plenty of wired and wireless connections for almost any music source you might have.
The R-40PM’s 4″ woofer uses spun-copper TCP (thermoformed crystalline polymer) for its cone material. Klipsch chose this material because of its smooth response and transparency. The woofer also uses some trickle-down technology from the company’s more expensive Reference Premiere line. It has a similar cone shape and uses additional ribbing for extra rigidity, which reduces distortion at higher frequencies.
The hallmark 90°x 90° Tractrix® horn features an upgrade too. Klipsch widened its opening for more high-frequency directivity. That means the 1″ LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) tweeter inside the horn has a wider “sweet spot” and delivers more detail inside that sweet spot.
Pair and stream away
Don’t want wires getting in the way of your music? Don’t worry. The R-40PMs are equipped with Bluetooth for a wire-free connection between them and your phone or tablet.
Connections for the rest of your gear
The rear panel of the “primary” speaker is loaded with connections for external equipment. There’s a USB Type-B input for connecting a computer and an optical digital input for a TV or a CD player. There’s also a nifty pair of analog RCA inputs that serve as a normal line input and a phono input.
These speakers have pretty stout bass response. But if you’re a basshead like me and need some extra low-end thump, there’s a subwoofer output for a powered sub.
Got speaker stands?
While these speakers work well when placed on a table or shelf, you’ll get the best sound out of them when they’re placed on a pair of speaker stands.
- self-powered bookshelf speakers with built-in amplifier
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming
- 1″ LTS (Linear Travel Suspension) titanium diaphragm tweeter with Tractrix® horn
- 4″ spun-copper TCP (thermoformed crystalline polymer) woofers
- bass-reflex design with rear-firing port
- optical digital audio input
- RCA stereo analog audio input
- RCA input also doubles as a phono input for connecting a turntable
- onboard switch toggles between line input and phono input modes
- USB Type B input for connecting your Mac® or PC
- 3.5mm input
- RCA mono output for optional powered subwoofer
- pair of gold-plated binding post speaker terminals (13′ of speaker wire included to connect left and right speaker)
- 2 X 25 watts RMS amplification,
- 2 X 120 watts MAX
- scratch-resistant wood grain finish
- removable magnetic cloth grilles
- remote included
- AC power connection required (power cable included)
- frequency response: 60-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- speaker dimensions (each): 5-13/16″W x 11-3/4″H x 10-1/8″D
- weight: 18.3 lbs. (pair)
Front Speakers: Klipsch R-40PM Speakers x 2
Klipsch R-8SW 8″ Subwoofer
If you’re looking for a powerful subwoofer that can really shake your home theatre, then the Klipsch R-101SW is a great option. This subwoofer features a 10″ woofer that is powered by a 150 watt amplifier. This combination provides plenty of power to fill even large rooms with deep and rich bass sound.
Subwoofer: Klipsch R-8SW 8″ Subwoofer x 1